Friday, November 17, 2006

More 'Muckraker' on India

My latest Forbes.com column is a "reporter's notebook"-style reflection on India.

Meanwhile I see that the Senate must have read my last column, as it overwhelmingly approved the U.S.-India nuclear deal yesterday.

The Senate correctly rejected an amendment that would have required India to cut its military ties to Iran. My feeling is that India needs to take such steps, but should be persuaded to do so voluntarily -- not bludgeoned or bullied. The lathi doesn't get results in India, not during the Raj and not today.

© 2006 Gary Weiss. All rights reserved.

-----------

Wall Street Versus America was published by Penguin USA on April 6.
Click here for its Amazon.com listing and here for more information on the book, from my web site.

Labels: