Monday, December 01, 2008

You Too Can Be Featured on 'Weiss, Gary'

I was amused to find the following junk email in my mailbox this morning. Apparently I am on some mailing list as a self-employed writer. "Gary Weiss," employed by "Weiss, Gary." The result was the following highly personalized and appealing pitch:

Hello Gary!

As Freelance Writer for Weiss, Gary , we know you hate receiving form emails. But we're a tiny post-college startup (4 people), and we're really hoping to get the word out to as many people as possible. We're going to do our best to follow up with phone calls as well.

We're proud to announce the beta version of [company name deleted], an online community of college students and employers.

. . .

Simply put, we would LOVE to be featured, mentioned, or quoted in Weiss, Gary . I can be reached at . . .

So there! Simply put, you've been quoted in "Weiss, Gary"

© 2008 Gary Weiss. All rights reserved.

Digg my article

Labels: