Sunday, April 01, 2007

A Hot Topic


Rediff.com, a leading Indian website, reprinted my Forbes.com column on Wal-Mart and India on Wednesday. So far there are 213 comments, some impassioned and most quite thoughtful pro and con.

Here's the Rediff pickup and comments.

I've been getting a lot of emails. which is great, but I would appreciate it if people would post their views here, or in the comments section of this item. That way your views can be heard by everybody.

UPDATE: Oddly, the comments section to the Rediff article was deleted. That seems to be the website's policy. Oh well. A lot of the commentswere pretty good, and I'd have liked to see them retained.

Here is another blog reaction which I though made some good points. Just to address one point that this gent makes: my use of the term "bazaars" was not to imply anything exotic. That just happens to be the Hindi word for markets.

© 2007 Gary Weiss. All rights reserved.

-----------

Wall Street Versus America was published by Penguin USA on April 6.
Click here for its Amazon.com listing and here for more information on the book, from my web site, gary-weiss.com.

Labels: ,