Saturday, June 16, 2007

You Read it Here First


According to the New York Times today, there is a growing consensus that Tony Soprano was killed in the last scene of the last episode.

Now, I don't mean to brag, but I do believe that I was the first person to make that point, in this item.

The Times also has a nice piece on Sharesleuth and my item thereon.

One technical point: it is contrary to organized crime "best practices" (so to speak) for mob "hits" to take place in front of the family of the victim. However, since Phil Leotardo was killed in front of his wife and kids, it is conceivable Tony could have been killed in front of his family.

I don't believe, however, that the entire family would have been killed, as some have speculated. Though the Sopranos took liberties with mob reality (to say the least), I don't think such a thing would be consistent with the way the series was produced.

P.S. One thing needs to be kept in mind: This is fiction. So your guess is as good as mine.

© 2007 Gary Weiss. All rights reserved.

-----------

Wall Street Versus America was published by Penguin USA on April 6.
Click here for its Amazon.com listing and here for more information on the book, from my web site, gary-weiss.com.

Labels: , ,